My face

I just want to be free!

We will fight for what is justifiably ours even if it means paying the ultimate sacrifice!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

This political impasse cannot be allowed to continue

I am of the opinion that the current political stand-off should not be tolerated. It remains my humble view that both Mugabe and Tsvangirai are failing to appreciate the gravity of the situation on the ground. To both of them what is important is political point-scoring even at the expense of the people whom they represent.

Mugabe is brutally exposing the people of Zimbabwe to his recklessness and carefree attitude. Since the day he claimed there is no cholera in Zimbabwe the deaths have doubled. He has chosen not to care about all the hardships the people of Zimbabwe are going through. Indeed he is to blame for the collapse of the country but where does that leave Morgan?

Morgan has chosen to be actively inactive about the humanitarian crisis that he has also led the country into choosing to concentrate more on that which is around him. By signing that GPA he was making a commitment to the people of Zimbabwe that he was willing to be their servant even in the hardest of times. What good does it do to make demand after demand when the people are dying. Didn’t Chairman Mao say to Chiang-Kai-Shek “Brothers quarelling at home unite in the face of national challenges” or something like that? Today he is sitting afar taking a bird’s eye view of the suffering the heroic people of Zimbabwe have to inure. All because of POWER?

Maybe Morgan does not appreciate the magnitude of the situation in Zimbabwe. I will help him understand.

One of my distant relatives on my mother’s side in Shumbayarerwa in Gutu (Sekuru Phineus) had gone two weeks without putting a roll of Sadza in his mouth surviving on shomwe (I don’t think you have had about that but it is the core of dry marula seed). It was only when a cousin went there that we got to know of this predicament and when we visited that area with 200kg of maize meal we were met by horror. Imagine, we found the whole village waiting for barley porridge to be served. They had managed to get a 5kg tin from Vhondo village and about 50 people were waiting to eat the porridge from that amount. We gave Sekuru phineus’s family 50kg but he could not sit up to thank us. All he could do was cry. Yet we need the Police Ministry!

I went to Murambinda Mission hospital (the only fully functional public hospital probably in the whole of Zimbabwe) People were coming as far as Gokwe, Mwenezi, Rusape and Chipangali for medical help. The tales I got from the nurses and other patients are just something else. Imagine a person being ferried all the way to a hospital after getting into diabetic coma only to be given porridge and becoming fit again? What of the HIV patients who came from that far only to be told that there are no drugs? What of those who died because electricity went off during essential operations. And we are told we will have to wait for AU, then UN blah blah?

In Chivi, I went to my home village in Masunda. When I got to my uncle’s house I found him with his 5 year old son, I asked him where the others were. He told me that three of his children all below twenty together with their mother had crossed the border into South Africa all without passports! Cdes, how terrible is it that in a village wthat, only a year ago had more than 60 youths, just one remained obviously because he was nursing dog-bite injuries sustained at Chiadzwa?

So I ask, if Morgan is fighting for democracy, which one is he fighting for? A democracy that ignores the right to life but upholds the right to arrest? Come on Mugabe, unoda kuzvitonga kupi? One where you will rule yourself after everybody has died?

If Mugabe is a DEVIL I then I challenge MORGAN to wear the DIVINE jacket.

I urge all those who call themselves civil activists to reflect on the pathetic situation in our country and make the right calls. POWER is meaningless when there is nobody to preside over.

This should come to an end even if your salary is from the crisis!

No comments: